Wednesday, June 27, 2012

I Saw it on Pinterest

As you know I LUV LUV LUV Pinterest, so it is only natural that I join up on this linky party...
...and I will try not to let this post get too long, but I have found a ton of good classroom finds lately!


First I saw this table, and I would love to have it in my classroom! But I don't have a ton of extra room (and definitely won't next year!) but I do have a school issued circle table...so after a little convo with my mom I decided to do the next best thing...cover my circle table with black contact paper!  I am also making the crate seats like in the pic as well!

Source: etsy.com via Jessica on Pinterest
Love this idea!  Fill a straw dispenser with pencils, and students recieve one with a push of a lever...I have already located an acrylic one (so you can see when you are running low and need a refill!)  This will also be an excellent example when we get to simple machines! :)


How cheery would it be to walk into your brand new classroom on Meet Your Teacher Day and see a balloon with your name on it!!!  Wouldn't you be excited to get back for the first day of school!  I would love to do this but I am concerned about making the other fourth graders jealous. ;)

I love this both as a get-to-know-you activity and a parts of speech review...each letter of the name is filled with a different part of speech about you.  Too fun!

This is Math Taboo.  Now it could be beneficial as a teacher-created activity...but wouldn't it be even more valuable as a student created activity...not only in the math classroom but subject!
I will leave you with these...but if you want to see more of what "I Saw on Pinterest" be sure to follow me!

2 comments:

  1. I love pinterest also. I like the table setup. I seen another blogger go through the process of making the seats. I said I going to make them. You have a great blog. I'm your newest follower. Please visit my blog @ Calling Plays in 2nd Grade. I'm new to the blogging world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the circle table as well! Post a pic of your table and crate seats. I'd love to see them!

    Liliris
    Fourth Grade Garden

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment. I look forward to what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...