My addiction to books has caused my classroom library to grow slightly large. Here are some pictures to give you an idea of exactly how many books I really have...
Eek! This is over 3,000 books! (See I really do have a problem...but I never hear the whiny words “I have NOTHING to read!”)
Now having this number of books can make organization a little time consuming. I keep a database of all my books, but entering in all those books and leveling them seems to take forever. And it’s hard to remember if I have a particular book in my collection when out shopping. But I just found a tool to help save sooo much time. It is called...
It allows you to do so many things...
- Create a database of your books
- Easily check out books to students and return them
- Print out reports of student reading
- Add books to your collection by either entering the ISBN number or scanning them using an iPhone or Android
- Level your books
- Label a location of the book in your classroom
...and much, much more! And right now, it is free! I’m in love! I can't wait to get back to my room after Spring Break and scan more books.
How do you keep track of your classroom library? Could you see yourself using a website like this?