I'm really excited even though was never a game I enjoyed as a child. Thank you Darleen!
Here are the rules:
- Post these rules
- Answer the 10 questions that the tagger posted for you.
- Create 10 questions of your own to ask the people that you're about to tag
- Tag 10 people and link them with your post (and let them know they've been tagged!)
1. How many years have you been teaching and blogging?This is my seventh year of teaching...4 in second grade and 3 in fourth grade. I have been blogging for only about a month!
2. If you could change one thing about your classroom, what would it be & why?I would want more space...maybe with some built in shelves. I guess that is kind of two things though...definitely more space! I will have about 28 - 29 students next year, and I'm not sure how I am going to fit us all and still keep the layout that I like!
3. How do you spend your summer vacations?My summer vacations are usually spent taking or teaching professional development. I also do some unwinding from the last year and preparing for the next one!
4. Beach or Mountains?Beach...there is way too much that I am allergic to in the mountains!
5. Describe the ideal student!Ohhh this is tough...because I love the variety that each and every student brings to the classroom. I would say the ideal student would be excited to learn because it is so difficult to try to motivate the ones who are not.
6. Do you perfer worksheets, hands on, or technology to teach with?I am definitely a hands on and technology kind of girl! I think this because this is the way I also learn best!
7. If you had $500 to spend in your classroom, what would you purchase?More used iPod Touches...they really keep students engaged and there is so much that you can do with them in all subjects! I have four already, but I would love to have more for students to work with!
8. What is your favorite classroom game?Name That Number...It is a great way to practice math facts and can be challenging for everyone even me! It is also really easy to differentiate and can last as long or as short as you need.
9. Do you work during the summer on lesson planning?Kind of...I will plan and organize units, but I will also work a lot on organization too!
10. If you had the chance to visit a foreign country, where would you go & why?I would love to go to England...you don't really need to know a foreign language, and I am OBSESSED with royalty...I still want to be a princess! I think Prince Harry is still available! :-)
Ok now it is my turn to ask the questions...
1. What is your favorite children's book to share with your class?
2. If you were not teaching, what career you would have instead?
3. I know you probably don't have a lot of this, but, besides blogging, what is your spare time hobby?
4. If you had won the last MegaMillions lottery jackpot, what would be the first thing that you would do?
5. What do you eat for breakfast on school days?
6. Are you a dog person or a cat person? Why?
7. What is your biggest classroom pet peeve?
8. If you could teach one subject all day long, what would you choose?
9. What made you decide to start blogging?
10. What was the moment that made you laugh out loud in your classroom? (Student-involved...not the cutting up with your teacher friends!)
And you are now it...
Have fun! :)