28 April 2012

Random Thoughts

I was aiming for short post today...but I'm just full of randomness!

After five days of testing, my brain is just as fried as my students'!  We spent Friday afternoon celebrating...First with a Reading Festival--students bring in blankets, towels, pillows, and slippers.  We pushed all the desks to the side of the room and just read!  It was so relaxing...and the kids thoroughly enjoyed it!  (Sorry I didn't take pictures!  I was enjoying reading too!)  We stopped for lunch and came back for some game time.  Almost all the students brought in board games and a snack to share with everyone.  Back to learning on Monday!

Friday was also the day to say good-bye to my student teacher.  Well, not really!  She lives in the neighborhood next to the school, so she says she will be back!  Plus she is going to go with us on our field trip to the Georgia Aquarium in a couple of weeks...so it was the official "goodbye" but more like a "see you later!"  We gave her these books...

(My student teaching supervisor gave this book to me...and I had to pass on the tradition!)
and

and also a framed class picture signed by all the students.  One of my girls also sang her a song that she wrote.  Too sweet!

I'm also beginning my summer professional reading.  During the school year, we completed a book group on Igniting a Passion for Reading: Successful Strategies for Building Lifetime Readers by Stephen Layne.  He has so many great ideas in this book that I have been inspired to make some major improvements in my Reading Workshop.  Because I have seen so many cute things coming from the The Daily Five and The CAFE Book: Engaging All Students in Daily Literary Assessment and Instruction that I thought that maybe these strategies may be just what I need.  I can't wait to get these books read, so I can get to thinking about how I will adapt the Sisters' ideas to my classroom! 

Are you using The Daily Five or CAFE in your upper grades classroom, please share with me about it!  I would love to hear about how you have adapted these ideas into your classroom.

1 comment:

  1. Kyrgyzstan is a country lately most prevalent for Indian medical aspirants principally to the middle-class sections. The good standards of medical education that are offered by Kyrgyzstan medical universities are indisputably an attractive factor for more people seeking medical education in this country. Apart from this factor low and affordable fee structure at medical colleges in Kyrgyzstan greatly contributes to the fascination of the Indian medical aspirants rushing to study medicine over. 6 years of course duration valid in NMC of India highly assures the students seeking low budget medical colleges at this country.
    https://www.rainbowabroad.com/mbbs-in-kyrgyzstan
    Eurasian International School of Medicine a modern university founded in the year 1993 devoted to implementing continuous improvement ensuring quality medical services. Eurasian International School of Medicine is esteemed for its strong academic perspective and close collaboration with a leading medical college. Eurasian International School of Medicine is a high-quality institution emphasizing the creation of a modern vibrant educational institutions providing ethical medical education.
    https://www.rainbowabroad.com/mbbs-in-kyrgyzstan/eurasian-international-school-of-medicine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment. I look forward to what you have to say!

Instagram

Powered by Blogger.

.

Oh Boy It's Farley

StickerMule

Custom Stickers, Die Cut Stickers, Bumper Stickers - Sticker Mule

Advertisement